Trabaja con nosotros
Communications Officer - WWF Mediterranean
Application deadline: 24 September 2014
The Communications Officer will develop and implement communications strategies aiming to achieve conservation, communications and revenue gains for WWF in the Mediterraean Sea. He/she will focus primarily on WWF Mediterranean program on marine protected areas.
The officer will design communications initiatives, at site, national and regional level, that target a diversity of audiences (governments, local authorities, tourists, fishermen, local populations, investors, general public...) to enhance their appreciation of the values (environmental, social and economic benefits) of Mediterranean marine protected areas and to mobilize people in demanding more investment and public/private interest for protected areas.
He/she will produce comms tools to promote the project best practices and lessons learned. He/she will disseminate comms material to promote behaviour change and create a demand for MPAs and sustainable tourism. The Communications Officer will help develop communications, education and marketing programs for 5 marine protected areas.
The Communications Officer will work full time, based in Rome. He/she will work closely with the WWF Mediterranean staff and the local teams (in Albania, Algeria, Croatia, Libya, Tunisia and Turkey) and coordinate with WWF global network . He/she will report to WWF Mediterranean Director of Communications and work in close collaboration with the program manager and team.
• Design and implementation of communications strategies and plans,
• Building up of media relations,
• Production of publications,
• Organisation of events,
• Development of online presence – web and social media,
• Supervision of pictures and footage collection,
• Production of videos,
• Development of communications partnerships,
• Coordination with WWF’s staff in the region and globally,
• Capacity building of local teams in the communications field.
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience in communications or related field.
• University (or equivalent) degree, preferably in communications, public relations, marketing...
• Ability to conceptualize and create messages, tools, approches which link programme and conservation issues with different audiences interests, capacity to translate sophisticated conservation, science and policy projects into compelling communications opportunities.
• Good experience in main communications fields – media, web, social media, events, publications, visual communications (photos and videos), advertising, campaigning, communications partnerships, etc.
• Good experience in social media and/or marketing is an asset.
• Perfect fluency in English with an excellent command of French (or the contrary) ; knowledge of other Mediterranean languages an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills,
• Strategic thinking and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work within a virtual network.
• Ability to work in a team as well as working independently.
• Ability to work under pressure in peak-period demand.
• Experience in Mediterranean countries is an advantage
• Strong commitment to the mission, goals, and values of WWF is essential.
• Ability to travel throughout the Mediterranean and in Europe.
• Contributing to challenging conservation and sustainable development activities in one of the world’s most fascinating regions
• Being part of one of the most experienced global environmental organisations with offices, colleagues and projects around the world
• Opportunity to acquire knowledge and experience in environmental communications applied to marine protected areas and other marine conservation issues
• Varying tasks and independent work style
• A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
• Salary according to NGO standards
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter and CV in English mentioning how you heard about this position to Anne Rémy, WWF Mediterranean Director of Communications and Corporate Relations at email@example.com
No phone calls please, only e-mails. We thank all applicants for their interest however we may contact only those candidates selected for interviews.
WWF Mediterranean is supporting conservation and sustainable management of forest, marine and freshwater ecosystems in the Mediterranean. Its mandate is to pursue WWF global priorities to conserve biodiversity and reduce the human footprint on nature. WWF Mediterranean adopts approaches ranging from field projects, to policy and advocacy, to communications and capacity building, and works with an extended network of partnerships.
To know more, please visit: mediterranean.panda.org